Readings can be very special moments where we connect with the divine through an intuitive or medium, or you may be doing a reading or tarot spread for yourself. I’ve had hundreds of readings in my life. Everyone has told me how to prepare for a reading, but I have rarely had anyone tell me what to do with the information after that special time of the reading is over and life continues on as normal. Here is my list of what I feel is important to me. Feel free to use this information for yourself and your life.
PREPARE FOR A READING
- Have an open heart and an open mind. You must be open and accepting for the Universal energy to flow.
- Have questions or topics ready if that is advised, even if you are doing your own reading. Think about what you are asking and what you want to know.
- The more specific your question, the more specific the answer will be.
- Try and avoid yes and no questions. Getting detail on different scenarios is better, unless you are using a pendulum. That’s a different tool where yes and no is expected and acceptable.
- Only accept what resonates with you. Don’t accept even the best psychic readers’ information as truth or gospel. It has to resonate with you for you to accept it. People who read for others have to tune in to the right frequency, just like tuning a radio to the right station. Never be afraid to interrupt to tell them they are off the mark. They will appreciate it as much as you will!
- Take notes or record the reading if possible. I find taking notes works for a short reading and recording works for longer sessions. Strike a nice balance between listening and writing down notes so you are not writing all the time. It’s better to either record it, have the reader record it, or just listen intently.
AFTER A READING
- Accept only what resonates with you. As explained above.
- Don’t feel you have to act on every piece of advice immediately. All things in good time. Don’t beat yourself up for not doing it all right away. Use your intuition for timing.
- Conversely, don’t let things lag too long out of fear of the new or different, or going outside your comfort zone. Use your intuition to sense when is a good time to act and what to do. I can teach you how to do this. You will get better with time.
- Imagine your goal as complete in every detail. Regardless of your goal. It could be a new home, a new job, a partner, leaving a bad relationship and starting a new life, learning to paint, getting a new pet, etc. Picture it as already completed with all the bells and whistles with you there, happy and smiling. This is be best way to help Spirit manifest exactly what you desire.
- Every day take baby steps toward your goal. If the Universe sees you working toward your goal, it will keep working with you. Same thing if you stop focusing on and working toward your goals. The Universe will think you have stopped moving forward and will not take action. Baby steps are all that are needed to keep things moving.
- Let go of HOW things should manifest. Instead focus on and imagine the end result, often. Let Spirit worry about how things happen, while you focus on the end result. I can’t stress this enough. Why? Because our thoughts of how things should work can often be very limiting. You may be insisting on things happening in a certain way, and Spirit may have other, better ideas. How things connect in your life and unfold is sometimes absolutely miraculous, in ways you could never predict! Let Spirit take care of the how’s.
- Be in gratitude every day. Don’t expect it to happen like a child who demands a new toy and must have it. Instead be open like a child at Christmas who is open to receiving anything! This one thing can make the biggest difference in manifesting your path forward. Being in gratitude helps enormously. Gratitude is the cosmic grease for the wheels of change.
- Make a vision board if that is helpful and view it often, if this is a big change or something you really want to manifest. That will keep you invested in the end result, the big picture. And this visual representation of what you want should keep you away from worrying about how things will manifest. But don’t just make one, look at it a hundred times and not take action. You must act!
- Be happy and full of joy and take the seriousness out of life. Be happy you have celestial help along the way. Smile! This will change your energy to be more positive and uplifted.
- Continue to develop and use your own intuitive powers to guide you on a day-to-day basis. I can teach you how to do this. You will get better with time.
Remember you are never, ever alone in any endeavor in life. Your loved ones who have passed, and Spirit/The Universe are always with you, supporting you and cheering you on!